Mold Remediation Company
Professional Mold Remediation Company
- Having proper and up to date certification
- Thoroughly inspecting the area
- Testing for black mold removal
- Offering fair pricing for top of the line service
We pride ourselves on providing safe and professional mold removal for homes and businesses and we can guarantee we can protect your building from the threat of mold. Mold growth in a building caused by water damage can lead to toxic mold spores entering the air and triggering allergies or causing disease. So it’s important that you call in the help of a professional mold removal company to perform mold cleanup as soon as you suspect there may be a problem. Mold removal is an integral part of the water damage restoration process.
Our Mold Remediation Process
- Step 1 – Find the source:Mold removal can’t really begin until you first find the source of the water that’s causing the black mold to grow. Black mold could be growing in places you’re not checking often, such as the corners of the bathroom and near the ceiling. Some water damage can be obvious, like when it comes from flooding due to storms, but in places like the bathroom, it can be harder to spot when coming from inside the building. Make sure to check for any leaky pipes or faucets. You can also test an area for moisture using a moisture meter.
- Step 2 – Seal off the damaged area: Make sure the area that’s been affected by mold is secure before you begin any work. Seal the room you’re working in off from the rest of the building by covering the door and the air ducts in the room with plastic and tape. If the area isn’t currently wet, spray it with water to reduce the number of spores in the air before beginning mold removal.
- Step 3: Clean and disinfect the damaged area: You can then begin to clean off any mold you can see on the surface. Start by spraying the area with an all-natural or commercially bought disinfectant spray and wait 30 minutes to an hour to begin the cleanup. Then, use a sponge to scrub off the mold and repeat the process until the surface is completely free of mold. Clean thoroughly so there’s less of a chance of any mold growing back.
- Step 4 – Remove the debris for effective black mold removal: For any surfaces affected by black mold that can’t be completely cleaned, they may need to be removed entirely. Sometimes the damage can be more than surface deep and certain fixtures, such as carpeting or anything porous, can be nearly impossible to clean entirely. Any leftover debris should be properly sealed in garbage bags before the room is unsealed and then disposed of in an authorized location.
Hiring A Mold Remediation Company
- First, you want a company that is trained and certified to not only test for mold but also to completely and safely remove it. At Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services, we are more than happy to provide copies of our certifications along with a list of HEPA standard equipment we use.
- Second, you want a company that is local so that they can respond to your mold problem quickly and be available to you if you have any other issues. At Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services, we pride ourselves on our fast response, which is why we are available 24/7 should you ever need us.
- Third, you want to hire a company that will address the root of your mold problem after the mold removal is completed. Many times mold can be caused by poor ventilation or hidden water damage and if it is not fixed, then mold regrowth will occur. At Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services, we thoroughly inspect all of our restoration sites to ensure that no other unexpected issues arise.
The Dangers Of DIY Mold Removal
We provide top notch mold removal services to the communities of Algonquin, Barrington, Buffalo Grove, Arlington Heights, Carpentersville, and surrounding areas. If you have had water damage in your home or think you may have mold growth, call in the experts to take care of it. Complete mold removal is the best route to go if you have mold damage, and Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services is available 24/7 to help. For professional mold removal services, contact us at (224) 212-1217.
Greater Chicago Area
Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services
Mold Remediation FAQs
Our mold remediation process can vary based on the type of damage we are dealing with, but typically this is the guide we follow:
- HEPA vacuuming of all affected surfaces
- Proper removal and anti-microbial wipe down of hard surfaces
- Removal of infected belongings if necessary
- Negative Air Machine (NAM) for air scrubbings
- Properly bagging and disposal of contaminated item
- Antimicrobial treatment
- Biocide application
- HEPA vacuuming again to ensure complete mold removal
- Encapsulation sealant
Mold can grow on all types of surfaces, so it’s important to check these areas in your home:
- Ceiling tiles
- Painted surfaces