THE COST OF COMMON HOUSEHOLD MOLD REMOVAL
While it is possible to eliminate mold from your house by conducting some internet research and following instructions, it is always preferable to contact a reputable professional company to perform the mold remediation. Professional mold remediation companies such as Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services are qualified to locate household mold, identify its origins, assess the amount and quantity of development, control it, and physically remove it in a safe and efficient manner. Household molds are not something you want to experiment with on your own since they may be difficult to locate and very hazardous to your health.
Mold Removal Cost by Type of Household Mold
If you see mold in or around your house, you should contact a professional right away. Mold eradication costs anything from $500 to $7,000. There are about 100 different varieties of household mold, each with its own look, location, side effects, and removal cost. Most mold removals are about the same price. Because of the increasing need for safety equipment, toxic forms are slightly higher. The table below illustrates the most prevalent forms of household mold found in houses, as well as the expenses of removal, including labor and
|Type of Household Molds||Removal Cost (Labor Included)|
|Chaetomium||$500 – $3,500|
|Ulocladium||$1,000 – $4,000|
|Alternaria||$1,500 – $5,000|
|Aspergillus||$1,500 – $5,000|
|White Mold||$1,500 – $5,000|
|Cladosporium||$1,500 – $5,000|
|Green Mold||$1,500 – $5,000|
|Black Mold||$2,000 – $6,000|
|Serpula Lacrymans||$2,000 – $6,000|
|Fusarium||$2,000 – $7,000|
- Chaetomium Mold Removal: Chaetomium is one of the most prevalent types of household mold seen in water-damaged or wet dwellings, and it is distinguished by its musty odor and bluish-green appearance. The spores are dark brown and shaped like a small football. This mold develops in hard-to-see areas such beneath carpets, air ducts, within walls, and cellulose-rich materials like wood, drywall, and around pipes or ceiling tiles. It is most often seen inside, although it may also be found outside, growing on dirt or rotting plant waste. Several Chaetomium mold species have been linked to cancer. The longer chaetomium is present in your house, the more probable it is to create health problems for inhabitants and spread to other places. When mold spreads, the cleaning becomes considerably more lengthy and costly. Professional removal costs between $500 and $3,500 on average.
- Ulocladium Removal: Ulocladium is a kind of household mold that grows quickly and is commonly seen indoors. It demands more water than other forms of mold and thrives in homes that have been flooded or have suffered severe water damage. It is commonly seen on wallpaper, painted walls, and other painted surfaces in windows, basements, kitchens, and bathrooms. Ulocladium has a suede-like texture and a brown, gray, or greenish-black look. This mold is frequently found growing with other forms of mold, such as chaetomium, fusarium, and stachybotrys. This mold, like others, can cause health issues, some mild and others severe. A homeowner should budget between $1,000 and $4,000 for removal.
- Alternaria Mold Removal: During the spring and summer months, Alternaria mold is one of the most prevalent types of outdoor mold discovered in the environment. More than 40 different species of these fungus cause plant damage and degenerative illnesses in trees and shrubs. The most dangerous aspect of this mold is its propensity to spread fast both inside and outside the home. When spores become airborne, they infest a variety of sites and materials, including your clothing, houseplants, and furniture. This form of mold begins to develop in high-humidity homes and can infiltrate places beneath carpets, baths, attics, basements, and the interior of walls. Cold-like symptoms, such as watery eyes, itchy throat, runny nose, headaches, tiredness, and sneezing, are the most frequent adverse effects of Alternaria mold. It can cause allergies, asthma, skin rashes, and itching in certain people. The cost of eradicating this form of household mold is determined on the amount of mold present in the property. Professional removal will cost you anything from $1,500 and $5,000.
- Aspergillus Penicillium Remediation Cost: Professional aspergillus penicillium mold removal will cost homeowners between $1,500 and $5,000. Aspergillus mold is one of the most prevalent household molds, with 250 known species. Depending on the species, the look begins as a white fungus and soon changes to various shades of black, brown, yellow, and green. Aspergillus, unlike most other molds, thrives in low-humidity conditions and may be found on windows, walls, doors, pillows, and carpets. Exposure to this mold may result in Aspergillosis, a kind of respiratory illness.
- White Mold Removal Cost: The cost of white mold treatment ranges between $1,500 and $5,000, depending on the amount of mold present. White mold refers to a variety of mold species that develop in houses, including aspergillus, cladosporium, and penicillium. Some of these household molds may initially seem white and then change colors after releasing spores. If their spores are not colored, they look white and mix in with their host materials regardless of age. Because some individuals are unaware that white mold is present, they may be at risk for health problems for an extended length of time.
- Cladosporium Mold Removal: Cladosporium is a kind of household mold that may be found on almost any surface, including wet basements, bathrooms, walls, carpets, paint, attics, and near HVAC systems. Those who are exposed to it may not exhibit any symptoms at all. Others, on the other hand, may have sneezing, dry skin, coughing, watery eyes, an itchy throat, and a stuffy nose. Cladosporium mold treatment costs between $1,500 and $5,000.
- Green Mold Removal: Green mold is a broad phrase that refers to many forms of fungus that develop in green hues. It has a soft, fuzzy, or powdery appearance and is often seen on fruits, bread, and a variety of other foods. Green mold, on the other hand, may grow in damp parts of a house. Cladosporium, Aspergillus, and Penicillium are the most prevalent mold species that may grow green. Continuous exposure to this form of mold may wreak havoc on the respiratory system and set off asthma episodes. Green mold treatment costs between $1,500 and $5,000.
- Black Mold Removal Cost: Stachybotrys chartarum, or black mold, can be difficult to eradicate. As a result, depending on the degree of the mold, you should anticipate to spend greater removal fees ranging from $2,000 to $6,000. If these molds are discovered in your house, it is critical that you treat the problem as soon as possible to avoid significant health problems. Black mold thrives in moist locations, such as air conditioners or areas with paper, gypsum board, and fiberboard that have received water damage from flooding or leaks. It also flourishes in high-condensation environments and requires moisture to survive. Black mold stains the surfaces on which it develops and is difficult to remove. Surfaces may need to be replaced or bleached again.
- Serpula Lacrymans Removal: Serpula lacrymans is a household mold that feeds on and inhabits wood, causing dry rot. Its bright yellow hue makes it simple to find. Regrettably, it may inflict significant harm and be difficult to control. Serpula lacrymans obtains its water from various sources, which explains why it can thrive on dry wood. This mold kind may develop in dry mortar, plaster, and brick. Serpula lacrymans mold may consume drywall, timber, subflooring, and siding if left untreated. If this is the case, these sections will need to be replaced. Serpula lacrymans spores, unlike most other fungal spores, are not significant allergens and are not harmful to humans. Because this form of mold causes damage, it may be pricey to remove fully, with treatment costs ranging between $2,000 and $6,000 on average.
- Fusarium Removal: Fusarium is a mold that spreads quickly and may be found on any surface, even at low temperatures. It may be highly hazardous to even healthy people, producing onychomycosis, a nail infection, and keratomycosis, a corneal infection. When the spores reach the bloodstream, some people may develop a systemic illness. This form of household mold is frequent in locations where there has been a water leak. The cost of removal can be extremely significant, ranging from $2,000 to $6,000.
A Mold Removal Company Serving Illinois
Contact Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services now at (224) 478-1661 for 24 hour basement water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, or mold remediation, or receive a quick quotation from our website. Our mold remediation company will get to your Illinois home and remove help with your household mold problem in 30 to 60 minutes.
Learn more about Mold Removal: What is the Process?