THE COST OF MOLD REMEDIATION
If you have mold growth in your home or business, you may need to hire a professional mold remediation company such as Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services. Mold growth inside a building typically happens because of water damage caused by flooding, leaky appliances, high humidity or any other factor that puts excess moisture in a home. Mold remediation is important because, if left unchecked, mold can release spores into the air that can trigger allergies and lead to the risk of certain diseases. What’s more, mold can be unsightly and create a musky odor. Mold remediation can potentially be a costly process; but it’s worth it to ensure the air quality in your building so it remains a place people want to stay in.
What is Mold Remediation
Mold remediation involves the cleaning and/or potential removal of the areas of a building affected by mold growth. This can involve the deep cleaning of mold off of surfaces using disinfectants and the removal of affected materials such as carpeting or walling.The cost of these kind of jobs can vary depending on factors such as:
- The source of the moisture
- The extent of the damage
- The amount of affected materials
- How difficult the area is to clean
Typically, a mold remediation job can cost anywhere between the area of $500 to $6,000. These varying costs mean you have a lot to consider before you go through with a job.
Factors That Affect Mold Remediation Cost:
- Your Insurance: You should check to make sure your homeowner’s policy will cover the damage. If the mold growth is the result of water damage caused by an accident, such as a burst pipe, it’ll typically be covered by insurance. But if the damage is caused by lack of maintenance or flood waters it might not be covered unless you have flood insurance. Make sure to talk to your insurance adjuster to check if the cost of the job will be covered through mold remediation insurance.
- The Affected Area: Certain areas will be more difficult to clean than others. Removing the mold in crawl spaces is one thing, but the price can greatly increase if more structural repair has to take place. Make sure you know the extent of the mold growth. Many companies will offer an inspection before the job begins.
- If You Need Cleaning or Repair: Consider if the job you need is to just clean the mold from surfaces, or if certain materials will need to be removed and replaced. This can lead to extra costs like disposing of the contaminated materials and replacement of any materials that were too damaged to be salvaged.
- The Mold Remediation Company You Hire: The best thing to do is make sure you hire a mold remediation company that can be there for you through every step of the process. Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services offers a mold removal service that’s tailored to fit every client’s specific situation. And we will work with your insurance company so you know exactly what you’ll need to pay for.