Did you know that the winter months pose a greater risk for fires in homes and businesses? As people begin to spend more time indoors, and use less common heating sources such as ovens and furnaces, the risk of fire is higher. The winter months bring a disruption in the general routine of most families and businesses, which can lead to fires caused by cooking, candles or space heaters. Due to the increased number of fire related incidents during the winter months, it is important for homeowners to take extra precautionary measures in an effort to prevent any accidents or disasters. Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services is a fire damage restoration company, who is committed to providing effective and efficient fire damage restoration services for homeowners throughout the winter season. In this article, we will discuss the need for fire damage repair in winter and the steps that should be taken to prevent fires this season.
Common Causes of House Fires in Winter
There are a few common causes related to house fires that occur during the winter time. These factors are related to keeping a home warm during lower winter temperatures, and if a fire results from these factors, it can lead to the need for fire damage repair. It’s important to keep these in mind during the winter months so you can be more prepared when it comes to what in your home or business could pose a potential risk for starting a house fire. Some common items that could lead to a house fire in the winter time include:
- Candles: Many homeowners will light candles during the winter time for both the ambient smell and the extra warmth it provides. These candles can become knocked over and potentially start a fire, leading to the need for fire damage repair.
- Fireplaces: Many people will light fires in the winter in order to combat lower temperatures and add a homey feeling to their building. But the open flame of a fireplace can lead to a potential fire hazard.
- Space heaters: Space heaters can go a long way when it comes to keeping a room in a building nice and warm during the winter, but they can also cause a significant fire hazard if they are allowed to touch and ignite any nearby items.
With all of these in mind, it’s important to be vigilant during the winter months to minimize the possibility of a house fire and the subsequent fire damage repair. Fire hazards in winter are common and it’s important to be aware of what items in your home may lead to a potential risk of fire. There are a few things a home or business owner can keep in mind in order to prevent the possibility of a house fire and become prepared for the possibility of needing fire damage restoration and repair during the winter time.
3 Tips On How to Deal With Fire Damage Repair in Winter:
The possibility of dealing with the aftermath of a fire in one’s home can be a devastating thought for the average business or home owner. A fire can leave a long lasting effect on a property after it’s put out if the fire damage repair process is not handled properly. That’s why it’s important to have a plan of action for not only what you will do to protect your building from a fire during the winter time, but also what you will do if a fire occurs. The best thing to remember is that fast, decisive, action will go a long way when it comes to minimizing the impact of an already bad situation and ensuring the fire damage repair process goes smoothly.
- Minimize the Possibility of a Winter Fire: You can greatly minimize the possibility of a fire in winter and prevent the need for fire damage repair by keeping an eye on any potential hazards inside your home or building. This means never leaving an open flame, such as a candle or a fireplace, unattended. This especially counts for flames being left to burn overnight or without anyone in the house. Make sure candles are not placed in a spot where they could be easily knocked over. And if you use a space heater, keep it a good distance away from any objects it could potentially heat up and catch fire to, such as curtains.
- Keep Safety in Mind: If it comes to a point where a fire does occur in your home or building, you should make sure to keep the safety of everyone in mind by getting the fire put out as soon as possible and calling in emergency support if the fire can’t be managed through a fire extinguisher. You should keep people out of the room where the fire took place to avoid any potential danger. Fire damage repair can be a lengthy and potentially hazardous process with all the smoke and soot that will be left behind. That’s why you should call in a professional fire damage restoration company to take care of the problem.
- Call a Professional Fire Damage Repair Company: If you’re looking for a company that can help you out with fire damage repair for the potentially hazardous winter months, Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services is the right pick for you. We know first hand just how devastating a building fire can be for a home or business, so we’re dedicated to bringing you the best service possible so your property can be adequately restored to the state it was in before the fire took place. We will even work with your insurance so you’ll have one less thing to worry about.
Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services Has Your Back
Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services offers fire damage restoration for the winter time and we’ll have your back no matter what type of disaster occurs. We have served the McHenry, IL community for years with an emphasis on putting safety first, professionalism, and getting the job done right the first time. And we have the tools necessary to perform fire damage repair that is guaranteed to return your home or business to the state it was before the disaster took place, no matter what time of the year we are needed. To learn more about how we can help you get peace of mind during the winter months, contact Excel Fire and Water Damage Restoration Services at (224) 212-1217.