When disaster strikes and your home or business suffers unforeseen damage, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help. Flooding is one of the most common types of water damage , which means there are many restoration services available to get things back in order once again. If you’ve recently experienced flooding, don’t let that stop you from getting the help you need. After a flood, it’s always best to call a professional water damage restoration such Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services for flood cleanup and restoration as soon as possible.
There are many benefits to hiring a professional to handle the job of restoring your home. First of all, the equipment required for flood cleanup is invasive enough to where it can cause further damage to your property or belongings if handled incorrectly. Additionally, standing water left behind after a flood can pose serious risks to personal health and safety.
When faced with the task of restoring your home after flooding happens, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Here is the complete checklist of things you should do in the event of a flood in your home.
Your Checklist For Flood Cleanup
- Insurance: Document any damage and contact your insurance provider to learn about the next steps. They should be able to refer you to a reliable flood restoration company.
- Remove items: Once the home is safe to enter, your restoration company may begin removing all furniture and personal belongings that need to be repaired with flood cleanup techniques. Most companies will have facilities where they will store the objects they will be repairing, and they will be able to use specialist equipment to eliminate moisture and dry out your contents.
- Water Extraction: All standing water should be removed as quickly as possible. The longer the water remains unchecked, the more likely additional harm will occur.
- Drying: In addition to ventilating the home, the specialists will bring in fans and dehumidifiers to begin drying it out. Dehumidifiers also aid in the prevention of musty odors.
Safety Tips For Flood Cleanup
- Turn off electricity: You don’t want to go into dangerously hazardous water, therefore this should be the first thing you do. If required, hire an electrician to check the premises.
- Structure: After a major flood, have an expert inspect your building structure to ensure that it has not been weakened.
- Disinfection: After you’ve removed all of the water with flood cleanup, you’ll also need to disinfect the ground and walls. Mud and sewage water may be hazardous to one’s health, it’s critical to work with a skilled restoration company.
- Mold: Mold and mildew may begin to grow if your property is not dried off quickly enough. This is hazardous to one’s health. You will need to hire specialists to examine any mold concerns you may have.
Flood Cleanup 101
Our Professional Flood Cleanup Team Will Evaluate All Of The Following Items:
- Walls: Open up the walls because mold development and wood rot are difficult to detect. We may need to remove drywall until we get just above the waterline. Remove any damp insulation and clean up any muck while fans and dehumidifiers should be utilized to complete the drying process.
- Floorboards: Hardwood floors are prone to buckling, it is preferable to remove one floorboard every few feet. Before replacing or performing any required repairs, be sure to clean and sanitize the boards.
- Floor Tiles: Remove your sheet or tile flooring, as we would need to dry your subfloor.
- Wood Subfloors: It may take some time to dry any wood subfloors. Be aware that swelling and warping are possibilities, it is critical to conduct a thorough job. Subfloors made of plywood or OSB that have been immersed in water must be replaced.
- Walls and Trim: If you are fortunate enough to have objects such as walls, flooring, and woodwork that have not been contaminated by mold development. Be aware you will still need to clean and disinfect them.
It’s vital to remember that flood cleanup is a process, but the first step toward recovery is contacting a reliable flood cleanup company.
Schedule a Flood Cleanup Consultation
As you can see, flood cleanup entails more than simply cleaning and restoring areas where water has been present. You must consider how water impacts your home, potential mold development, and the things within. Flood cleanup companies can offer you with all of the equipment and choices you want to restore your home to its original condition. Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration can manage the whole flood damage recovery procedure.
Contact us now for a free consultation and discover why homeowners and large corporations rely on us to assist them in recovering from natural disasters and catastrophes of all sizes.
A Flood Cleanup Company Serving Illinois
Contact Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services now at (224) 212-1217 for 24 hour basement water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, or mold treatment, or receive a quick quotation from our website. Our flood cleanup experts will get to your Illinois home or business in 30 to 60 minutes.
Learn more information on how to hire a professional water damage company.