If you have standing water inside your home or business, whether it be from flooding caused by burst pipes, leaky appliances, or inclement weather, your property can be susceptible to flood damage. Getting quick water removal as soon as possible during a water emergency is important because a flooded room, left unchecked, can lead to greater structural damage and mold growth down the line. Water damage can be especially devastating to a home or business, so protecting your property from it involves hiring a professional company like Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services in Chicago that provides water damage restoration services for 24/7 emergency situations. Water cleanup and water removal is the first step in the water damage restoration process and important service to be offered for any company that offers an emergency service for people who need restoration for water damage.
Why Is Water Removal Important?
Water extraction or water removal is the process of removing all the standing water and moisture from a flooded area of a building as a part of the water damage restoration process. Not only is water removal necessary to begin the drying process and prevent structural damage, but it can also prevent the growth of mold that can lead to toxic spores in the air. If you want effective restoration water damage, you must first make sure all water is removed. There are a few steps that make up a water removal service to make sure the job is done effectively as possible.
- All standing water is removed from the area using industrial vacuums and pumps.
- Moisture detectors and hydrometers are used to measure just how high the moisture saturation is.
- Infrared cameras may be used to detect hidden water in walls and ceilings.
All these precautions are to make sure absolutely no water is left behind. This includes the water that may have seeped into the cracks of a building. After everything is completely dry, you can move on to the water damage restoration process.
How You Can Speed Up The Water Removal Process
If you want to restore water damage, you must first follow a water removal process. The process is more complex than just draining the water from the area and there are factors you need to consider in order to make sure the water damage restoration and the water cleanup is successful. By considering these factors you can make the flood damage restoration process a whole lot smoother and ensure you can get your home or business back to the way it was before the flooding a whole lot quicker after a water emergency situation.
- Removing the Furniture for the Restoration Process: One of the most heartbreaking things about water damage is how it can destroy the precious objects we have in our home or business. But there are ways to restore furniture, bedding, and other personal items that have been in a flooded room through cleaning and disinfection. Items that have been submerged in water will most likely need to be thrown away due to water damage and the potential for mold growth. Before you can begin water damage restoration for furniture, you must first remove said furniture for the water removal process. Doing so can prevent further damage to the furniture and clear things out so the job can begin.
- Repairing/Replacing Carpeting and Flooring: Carpeting and flooring are especially susceptible to water damage. Both carpeting and wood flooring are porous; meaning water can seep into them and leak into the subfloor below, causing further damage. Carpeting especially is highly susceptible to mold growth if it gets wet. Mold growth can lead to the release of toxic mold spores into the air that can trigger allergies and lead to various lung diseases. Carpeting will most likely need to be removed and replaced after water removal takes place. Wood flooring may need to be removed as well, but it can be sufficiently dried, cleaned, and disinfected to prevent mold growth if certain steps are taken. You should consult with a water damage restoration company like Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services to see if your floor can be salvaged and what steps should be taken to properly prevent mold growth and structural damage to your building.
- Water Damage Restoration: This is where we get into the really important part of the water removal process. You can’t just remove all the water from a flooded room and be done with it. Performing water damage restoration means repairing the damage that has been done and replacing what needs to be replaced. When you’re restoring water damage, the process involves assessing the damage by looking beyond what’s obvious. This can be as simple as making sure everything in the room is completely dry after water removal as well as making sure everything is thoroughly cleaned and wiped down with disinfection spray to clean up any mess and prevent the growth of mold. But it can also mean assessing how much water has seeped into the floors and walls. It means removing and replacing damaged sections of walling or flooring that have been saturated with water. It means performing restoration on appliances, furniture, and any precious items that would have otherwise been lost to the water damages. The whole idea is to return your [location] home or business to the state it was before the flooding took place so you can get back on track with your life and have peace of mind knowing your building will be safe in the future.
Hire a Company That Specializes in Water Removal
Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services is a company that offers water damage restoration and water removal services for people in Chicago. We specialize in providing people who’ve experienced flooding in their home or business with a 24/7 emergency service that prioritizes the needs of your specific situation. We will be there for you every step of the process so you know what steps you need to take to make a water removal job go as smoothly as possible. We will even work with your insurance company so you’ll have one less thing to worry about. You can learn more about how to get a free estimate for our water removal service by contacting Excel Fire and Water Damage Restoration Services at (224) 212-1217.