Water damage can happen unexpectedly in a number of ways. It can be caused by a natural disaster such as a hurricane, tornado, earthquake, or flooding from a burst pipe or leaky roof. On the other hand, it can also stem from human error such as leaving water on after washing dishes or extensive appliance failure. No matter the cause, water damage restoration should always be left to a professional. Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services is an experienced water damage restoration company offering services to both commercial and residential properties. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of hiring a professional to handle water damage.
7 Signs You Need Water Restoration Services Company
- WATER RESTORATION SIGN #1: MOLD INFESTATION: Mold infestation is one of the earliest symptoms of water damage. Consider yourself fortunate if you can spot the tell tale indication of a mold patch. However, mold may hide in unexpected locations, such as between walls or behind floors, making it difficult to detect.
- WATER RESTORATION SIGN #2: BUBBLING OR CRACKING PAINT: If there is a leak behind a wall, you may observe some changes on the surface of the wall. If the water damage worsens, paint or wallpaper will begin to blister and bubble, and eventually peel and split. If this occurs, it typically indicates that the wall has been exposed to excessive water, causing the construction components to shrink and expand. The paint weakens as a result of the shrinking and expanding, which causes it to peel and eventually break.
- WATER RESTORATION SIGN #3: PROBLEMS WITH YOUR FLOOR: Another sign that you need water restoration is visible on the floor of your house. If water accumulates in or under your flooring, you may observe the laminate or wood floor warping or buckling, or your grouted tiles getting loose and shifting slightly in position. Don’t just chalk it up to old age. Instead, get your subflooring checked for leaks before water begins to seep through your floors or tiles.
- WATER RESTORATION SIGN #4: YOU NOTICE POOLING WATER OR PUDDLES: Whether you find a puddle of water in your house or workplace, wipe it up and keep an eye on it for several days to see if the puddle reappears. If anything is leaking or dripping, a pool of water will usually appear on the floor. If the terrible pool or puddle reappears, you may be dealing with a leak or seepage.
- WATER RESTORATION SIGN #5: THERE IS A NIP IN THE AIR: If it is challenging to heat your room during the cooler months, this might be an indication that you have moisture within your property walls. Excess moisture may occasionally suck heat out of walls, leaving them significantly cooler than if there was no moisture present. So, if you can’t seem to heat your house or business building no matter how high you turn the heat up, it may be time to inspect your walls for any leaks or moisture buildups.
- WATER RESTORATION SIGN #6: YOU HEAR STRANGE SOUNDS: Water damage can be seen and smelled, but it can also be heard. Unsurprisingly, if you hear leaking or flowing water, you most likely have a leak. Water flows, gushes, and drips through your plumbing on a daily basis, but keep an ear out for any new or different noises that do not fit within the normal sounds.
- WATER RESTORATION SIGN #7: DISCOLORATION: When dirty water flows down the walls of your property, it frequently leaves streaks behind. If you notice brown streaks on the sides of your house, this might be an indication of an overflowing gutter or a roof that isn’t draining effectively. Your gutters may be clogged with leaves and debris, so have them inspected before you have a major problem on your hands.
It’s Time To Call Water Restoration Professionals
If you suspect water damage in your home or commercial building, your preferred option is to contact a water restoration company. The longer you delay water extraction and cleanup, the higher the expense of water restoration and the danger of irreversible damage and mold growth.
We have years of expertise minimizing and restoring residential and commercial water damage at Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration. Our experts know how to analyze and locate the source of a leak, and they will immediately focus on limiting any damage by performing water restoration cleanup and repair.
Don’t waste any more time and contact Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration for all your water restoration needs today!
A Water Damage Restoration Company Serving Illinois
Contact Excel Fire And Water Damage Restoration Services now at (224) 212-1217 for 24 hour basement water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, or mold treatment, or receive a quick quotation from our website. Our Water Damage Restoration Company will get to your Illinois home or business in 30 to 60 minutes.
Learn more information about emergency water cleanup.